Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Celebrating the imprint she left on our hearts

Tomorrow begins the weekend, and we will celebrate the imprint Cameron left on our hearts as we celebrate the day she became an angel, January 17. 2009 (ironically it was also my grandfather's birthday, the grandfather who passed away at the end of May- when Cameron should have been born!). I could call it "her birthday", but I think the much more appropriate term came from some of my babylost mama friends; "Her angelversary" the anniversary of the day she died. She never breathed life outside of me, and for the longest time I had trouble even saying that I "gave birth" to her (though by all technical and medical standards, I went through the birth process from beginning to end, I just didn't end my process with a living baby in my arms).

I have posted a video montage I created, and have since updated. I invite anyone who wishes to take a look at our tribute to Cameron, if you simply can't, I completely understand, it is very emotional and sometimes difficult.

5 comments:

Lea said...

Les - thinking of you and your precious Angel. I look forward to having a look at your video...

Much love to you.. xo

Lea said...

I have reposted Cameron's Angel Wings in honour of her Angel Day:

http://angelwingsmemorialboutique.blogspot.com/2010/01/cameron-remembering-on-her-angel-day.html

Lesley said...

Thank you so much Lea- I will post the link to her wings on my blog on Sunday as we celebrate her angel day!

Christina Ban said...

Oh Lesley,

That was simply beautiful... I cried through the whole video. What a precious little girl... now your angel. What beautiful angels we have in heaven. What do you think our angels are doing? No doubt laughing, dancing, and waiting for the day to meet us... What a glorious day that will be! You are an incredible mom, Lesley. God bless you this weekend as you celebrate you angel!
~Christina Bab

Lesley said...

My boys say that God lets the children in heaven paint the sunrise and sunsets, and during the day they get to play in the clouds (that is what makes all of the cool shapes in the clouds they say!), and at night they get to help turn on the stars before he sings them to sleep! I treasure these images- and it makes the tough days a little easier to bear!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio