It breaks my heart every time I hear of another family suffering the loss of a baby. At least once a month (almost every other week recently, and twice this week!) friends have called, or written asking for advice on how to help another friend that has experienced a loss. I feel that I am being called to do God's work and help these families as they walk through their grief journey.
I recently read something in a book I am reading for a women's bible study quoting John 9:1-3 "As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him."
That last sentence had a huge impact on my soul. It happened so that His work could be done, He intended my daughter's death as a means for His work. This is a huge step in my healing, to be able to say that and truly mean it. The acceptance, the letting go of the anger at Him. It does not mean that my heart is whole again, or that I am "over" it, you NEVER get 'over' losing a child. There are still instances where others bring on the hurt and anger and I am working on forgiveness (a trait I feel I will forever be working on, some actions are easier to forgive than others, some people are easier to forgive than others too!)
I feel I have been called. You can not help someone travel the road of child loss unless you truly understand the journey ahead. I am not saying you have to lose a child to help someone who has lost a child, there are a special few that can understand and support you unconditionally when they themselves have not been down that road, but there are only a special few (and I feel blessed to have a few of these wonderful people as friends), but I feel that God has called me to help other baby lost mamas. I look at so many women that I have 'met' on this journey. They are an inspiration to me. Thank you ladies!! I look forward to seeing where the call will lead me!








2 comments:
You have and will be able to help lots of people. You are truly an amazing woman. Blessings!!!
I believe that you have truly recieved a calling by God. I will never forget the day we walked thru the zoo and you shared your story with me. You opened my heart to the reality of baby loss. I will always pray for you, your family and all the other families who have lost a little one. You are a Blessing in my life and so many others!!
Thank you for answering this special call from God!
Post a Comment