Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Reinvesting in my life

as a part of my therapy, I am supposed to reinvest in my life.

I feel like I am turning a corner, and I need to refocus on my life at hand. I will still use this place to talk about and grieve my daughter, and also to celebrate what her life has brought to mine, but I also want to celebrate the many, many other aspects that make me who I am.

I feel like I am embarking on another part of my journey, yet I have no idea where it will lead. I am going to start working my doula business again (and hopefully complete my certification by February 2010!)

I have had other opportunities arise in the past few months. Starting in Aug, I will be a peer facilitator for a local moms support group. This is very exciting to me! I hope to be able to help moms (and dads) journey through the sometimes difficult waters of early parenthood.

Later this month will be the 6th month anniversary of Cameron's birth/death- or as I like to call it her "angelversary". I can not believe it has been 6 months since I said hello and good bye to my baby girl. There are days I feel so far from it, and then others I am zapped right back to that very day like it was only yesterday.

I feel like I am healing, I am more interested in my hobbies again (sewing, crafting, cooking, scrapbooking) and I hope to share some of my healing art here too!

1 comments:

Mommy (You can call me OM) said...

I'm proud of you for embarking upon these journeys. I know I just wouldn't have it in me to work with other moms right now and I am in awe that you can. They are very fortunate to have you.

Peace.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studio| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studio